Manitoba Lifeguard Championship
The annual Manitoba Lifeguard Championship pushes lifeguards to the max in challenging physical and technical events. In a fun and competitive atmosphere, competitors, volunteers, and spectators come together at the Manitoba Lifeguard Championship for a memorable weekend of lifeguarding sport.
2018 Manitoba Lifeguard Championship – March 23 & 24
Get your teammates ready for #MLC2018! Even though the event is called a “Lifeguard Championship,” competitors’ levels of experience are all over the map. In fact, many competitors have competed in the MLC having just passed their National Lifeguard course. Lifeguard competitions are also a great way to practice your skills in challenging situations. When else will you get the chance to practice treating victims in a simulated bus crash or marathon disaster?
We’re prepared a crash course in Lifesaving Sport to help you prepare: Lifeguard Competition 101. We’d also love to connect you with experienced coaches to help you prepare. Contact us for more details.
Dates: Friday, March 23 and Saturday, March 24
Location: St. James Assiniboia Centennial Pool – 644 Parkdale Street, Winnipeg
For more information…
- Rules: This competition uses the following manuals. See Communiqué #1 for full details. This competition is not considered sanctioned for the purpose of setting Canadian or international records.
- Judging Sheets
Questions? Ready to Register?
Send completed forms to…Lifesaving Society – Manitoba Branch
100-383 Provencher Blvd.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H 0G9
(204) 956-2124 – Fax (204) 944-8546
- 2018 – Winners: Halfway to the Pool
- 2017 – Winners: Halfway to the Pool
- 2016 – Winners: Allie and the Pelzkugeln (2-Person Team Results)
- 2015 – Winners: FAM Guards (2-Person Team Results)
- 2012 – Winners: Final Authority
- 2011 – Winners: Reverse & Ready
- 2010 – Winners: Caution: Still Contains Nuts
- 2009 – Winners: Caution: May Contain Nuts
- 2008 – Winners: Thunder Bay