As an affiliate of the Lifesaving Society – Manitoba Branch, you deliver our training programs and Water Smart® public education into the hands of your community members. You also provide us with feedback that helps us make important decisions. Thank you for helping us make everyone in Manitoba Water Smart®!
Our New Address:Lifesaving Society Manitoba
100-383 Provencher Blvd
Manitoba Program Guide
The Manitoba Program Guide exists to provide aquatic facilities, instructors, examiners and instructor trainers with information regarding the policies and procedures for all programs available through the Manitoba Branch.
As the Manitoba Program Guide undergoes regular revision, please always refer to this website for the most current version. The latest edition was published August 4, 2016. A link to the Manitoba Program Guide is available at the top of every Toolkit page.
Contact Kathy Plett – Program Coordinator with any questions.
The Manitoba Program Guide contains the Branch’s program policies. This is a must-have for any instructor, examiner, trainer, and aquatic programmer.
- First Aid Recertification Time Change (Due to WSH Policy Change) – Memo
- Workplace Safety & Health Policy Change – WSH Letter
- Lifesaving, First Aid & Swim for Life Instructor Course & Recertification Programming Requirements
- National Lifeguard 2012 Revisions – What’s New for Affiliates?
Bronze Star Program Update (February 2014)
Bronze Star Item 6 – Object Support has been revised. Lifesaving Society members prompted this revision to better support candidate success and to provide better alignment of the Bronze Star award within the lifesaving program continuum. This change should be implemented immediately.
First Aid Updates & Memos
Water Smart® Public Education Guide
Price Lists (Updated January 2016)
- Affiliates can obtain a copy of the price lists by contacting the office.
Offer Lifesaving Society Programs! Become an Affiliate
Any individual, facility, club or organization interested in the work of the Society is invited to become a member of the Lifesaving Society. Affiliate members pay an annual fee for access to the services provided by the Branch. As an affiliate, you are entitled to:
- Offer Lifesaving Society programs
- The processing and issuing of Lifesaving Society program awards
- A copy of the Manitoba Program Guide
- Technical assistance from Lifesaving Society representatives for instructors, lifeguards, and programmers as available through the Branch
- Promotional and educational literature, including test sheets, posters, brochures and program marketing material as available through the Branch
- Aquatic Safety Management tools and resources
- Aquatic Safety Audits/Inspections
- A resource library and network of professionals that specializes in aquatics
- Promotion and advertising of courses and job postings as available through the Branch
- Various Branch communications including the newsletter, affiliate mail-outs and drowning reports
- Notification of upcoming Branch events
- Cast one vote at the Annual General Meeting of the Branch
Please Contact Us to become an affiliate!
Post Your Listings
Our posting forms are currently down. Please email us with any job or course listing requests.