As an affiliate of the Lifesaving Society – Manitoba Branch, you deliver our training programs and Water Smart® public education into the hands of your community members. You also provide us with feedback that helps us make important decisions. Thank you for helping us make everyone in Manitoba Water Smart®!
Price List & Affiliate Agreement
Price lists and affiliate agreements for 2018 were sent out in December 2017. If you are a current affiliate and did not receive your copy, please contact the Branch.
Instructor Development Program
Beginning September 1, 2018, the Society is opening up seats in National Lifeguard Instructor courses and Instructor Trainer Clinics as part of the new Instructor Development Program available to affiliates. Only paid-up Affiliates (Corporate or Independent) may submit applications under the program.
- The program covers the cost of course registration only. It does not cover accommodations, meals, or travel costs for candidates.
- Sponsored candidates must still meet all of the required course pre-requisites for the program in question.
- Sponsored candidates will be responsible for having and/or purchasing up to date versions of all literature and resources that are part of the pre-requisites for the program in question.
- Affiliates may submit more than one program application for a given course, but final decisions on which candidates are accepted for entry under the program are entirely at the discretion of the Lifesaving Society – Manitoba Branch.
- The Lifesaving Society – Manitoba Branch reserves the right to amend or cancel the terms of this program at any time.
Manitoba Program Guide UPDATED
The Manitoba Program Guide exists to provide aquatic facilities, instructors, examiners and instructor trainers with information regarding the policies and procedures for all programs available through the Manitoba Branch.
As the Manitoba Program Guide undergoes regular revision, please always refer to this website for the most current version. The latest edition was published December 18, 2017. A link to the Manitoba Program Guide is available at the top of every Toolkit page.
Contact Kathy Plett – Program Coordinator with any questions.
The Manitoba Program Guide contains the Branch’s program policies. This is a must-have for any instructor, examiner, trainer, and aquatic programmer. The memos below supplement that document.
- Bronze Star Program Update Memo (2014)
- First Aid Recertification Time Change (Due to WSH Policy Change) – Memo
- Workplace Safety & Health Policy Change – WSH Letter
- Lifesaving, First Aid & Swim for Life Instructor Course & Recertification Programming Requirements
- National Lifeguard 2012 Revisions – What’s New for Affiliates?
Water Smart® Public Education Guide
Offer Lifesaving Society Programs! Become an Affiliate
Any individual, facility, club or organization interested in the work of the Society is invited to become a member of the Lifesaving Society. Affiliate members pay an annual fee for access to the services provided by the Branch. As an affiliate, you are entitled to:
- Offer Lifesaving Society programs
- The processing and issuing of Lifesaving Society program awards
- A copy of the Manitoba Program Guide
- Technical assistance from Lifesaving Society representatives for instructors, lifeguards, and programmers as available through the Branch
- Promotional and educational literature, including test sheets, posters, brochures and program marketing material as available through the Branch
- Aquatic Safety Management tools and resources
- Aquatic Safety Audits/Inspections
- A resource library and network of professionals that specializes in aquatics
- Promotion and advertising of courses and job postings as available through the Branch
- Various Branch communications including the newsletter, affiliate mail-outs and drowning reports
- Notification of upcoming Branch events
- Cast one vote at the Annual General Meeting of the Branch
Please Contact Us to become an affiliate!