Special Projects Officer
Lifesaving Society Manitoba is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of Special Projects Officer. This is a full-time permanent position with the Society, servicing all of Manitoba. For full details about the position, please consult the job posting.
National Drowning Prevention Week 2022
Annually the Lifesaving Society recognizes the third full week of July as National Drowning Prevention Week to focus attention on the serious issue of drowning. This year National Drowning Prevention Week 2022 will take place July 17 – 23, 2022.
During this time we ask all Society Affiliates, members and supporters to organize, participate in, or support an activity or event that helps the public stay safe in, on, and around the water. Some ideas for events you could run include:
- Colouring/Drawing Contest on Water Smart Themes
- Lifeguard Safety Demonstrations
- Swim to Survive Challenge
- Water Safety Day/Festival
Resources are available on our website:
If you have questions about National Drowning Prevention Week, or require assistance in setting up an event, please contact Christopher Love, Water Smart & Safety Management Coordinator, via e-mail or at 204-956-2124 ext 3.
Lifesaving Society Manitoba’s Annual General Meeting will occur on Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 6:00 PM. The meeting will be held using the Zoom video-conferencing platform.
Agenda items will include:
- Reports from the Board and Executive Director
- Review of the Audited Financial Statements and Appointment of Auditor
- Election of Board of Directors
Please pre-register to attend the meeting. We require the following information:
- First & Last Name
- E-mail address
- Lifesaving Society Member ID (for award members)
- Affiliate/Member Organization (for those individuals representing a company/organization)
To register for the meeting, please click here.
If you experience any issues with the registration process, please send us an e-mail, or call the office at 204-956-2124.