The 2020 Manitoba Lifeguard Championships have been postponed due to the current COVID-19 situation in Manitoba. More details are available in the official notice. Please check back here for further updates.
Manitoba Lifeguard Championship
The annual Manitoba Lifeguard Championship pushes National Lifeguards to the max in challenging physical and technical events. A fun and competitive atmosphere, the Manitoba Lifeguard Championship brings together competitors, volunteers, and spectators for a memorable weekend of lifesaving sport.
Lifeguard Competitions 101
Lifeguard competitions are a great way to practice your skills with your friends in challenging situations. When else will you get the chance to practice treating victims in a simulated bus crash or marathon disaster
Do my teammates and I have to be really good lifeguards? “Lifeguard championship” may sound daunting, but the event itself is not! Competitors range from brand-new National Lifeguards who want to enhance their training to experienced veterans who have competed nationally. You’ll find everyone involved to be extremely warm and inviting! If you’re not sure, recruit some friends and volunteer to get your feet wet.
Not sure what to expect? Our lifeguard competition crash course will answer some of your frequently asked questions. We can also connect you to experienced coaches who can offer training tips – contact us.
Did you know that Lifesaving Society Canada has a national team that travels to lifesaving sport competitions around the world?
2020 Manitoba Lifeguard Championships
Friday, March 20 and Saturday, March 21, 2020.
The 2020 Manitoba Lifeguard Championships will be held at Seven Oaks Pool, 444 Adsum Drive, Winnipeg, MB. Further details on the exact schedule will be released in January 2020.
Competitors must hold a current Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard certification.
Registration is now open for the 2020 Manitoba Lifeguard Championships. Download and fill in the registration package for your team today and then head over to LifeguardShop.ca to pay the registration fee.
Early Bird Registration Deadline is March 4, 2020. Final Registration Deadline is March 16, 2020.
Registration and entries are considered complete when all of the following have been received:
- Registration form completed in full, including:
- Event Entry form completed in full.
- Waiver and Release form – completed and signed by all competitors (and parents/guardians as appropriate), coach and manager.
- Proof of certification or a copy of each competitor’s Lifesaving Society Manitoba Member ID Code.
- Payment in full.
Please note: 5 Teams must be registered for the competition events by March 4th, 2020 or the competition will be cancelled.
We rely on volunteers to fill many key roles, including officiating, acting as victims, and helping with general set-up. Recruit your friends and colleagues – it’s always more fun to volunteer with a group!
If you want to sign up right now, visit our sign up page!
Volunteering is also a great way to get a taste for what lifeguard competitions are like! In fact, many competitors began as volunteers.
- MLC 2020 Communique #1 Revised : This document contains information on the specific rules and regulations for the 2020 Manitoba Lifeguard Championship.
- 2020 Scoring Revised : This is the scoring formula that will be used to determine team results.
- Rulebooks: This competition uses the following rulebooks. This competition is not considered sanctioned for the purpose of setting Canadian or international records.
- Judging Sheets
- 2019 – Winners: Halfway to the Pool
- 2018 – Winners: Halfway to the Pool
- 2017 – Winners: Halfway to the Pool
- 2016 – Winners: Allie and the Pelzkugeln (2-Person Team Results)
- 2015 – Winners: FAM Guards (2-Person Team Results)
- 2014 – No Competition Held
- 2013 – No Competition Held
- 2012 – Winners: Final Authority
- 2011 – Winners: Reverse & Ready
- 2010 – Winners: Caution: Still Contains Nuts
- 2009 – Winners: Caution: May Contain Nuts
- 2008 – Winners: Thunder Bay