This page contains information on the transition process from the Canadian Red Cross Swim and Lifeguard programs to equivalent Lifesaving Society programs. This page will be updated on an ongoing basis as more information is released.
Please consult the categories below to find the information you need for yourself, your facility or your organization.
Deadline Extension – Updated December 16, 2022
The deadline to transition your Red Cross aquatic certifications to the Lifesaving Society equivalent has been extended to June 30, 2023.
Read the National Communique release here
Frequently Asked Questions – Updated December 16, 2022
Have questions about the Swim Transition? We’ve created an FAQ page to help you out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online Transfer Resources – Updated November 3, 2022
To register and complete the Swim Transition Instructor Clinic, please click here.
To transfer your personal information from the Canadian Red Cross to the Lifesaving Society, please click here.
News Release – Updated January 12, 2022
Lifesaving Society Manitoba News Release – Updated January 11, 2022
Facility Transfer Checklist – Updated March 15, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions – Updated March 11, 2022
- Lifesaving Society FAQ – English – March 11, 2022
- Lifesaving Society FAQ – French – March 11, 2022
- Red Cross FAQ – English – February 3, 2022
- Red Cross FAQ – French – February 3, 2022
Transition Pathways Information – Updated January 12, 2022
- Transition Pathways for Red Cross Certified Individuals – English
- Transition Pathways for Red Cross Certified Individuals – French
- Transition Pathways Flowchart – English
- Transition Pathways Flowchart – French