Lifesaving Society Manitoba’s affiliate members deliver training programs and bring Water Smart® public education to their community members.
The Manitoba Program Guide provides Instructors, Trainers, and Affiliates with information about Lifesaving Society Manitoba’s program policies and procedures. Updates are made regularly. The most recent edition was published in February 2021.
Job & Course Listings
Kathy Plett is Lifesaving Society Manitoba’s program coordinator and can provide information and advice to affiliates about programming Society courses.
Water Smart® Public Education Guide
Swim For Life
Here is the link for the transition chart for students transferring from other programs to Swim for Life Swim for Life Transition Chart
For more information on Swim for Life levels, programing, etc. refer to the Swim for Life Programs At-A-Glance Guide.
Contact Kathy Plett to answer any questions you have about Swim for Life
Become an Affiliate
Any individual, facility, club or organization can become an affiliate member of the Branch. Affiliates pay an annual fee for access to the Branch’s services. Affiliates are entitled to:
- Offer Lifesaving Society programs
- The processing and issuing of Lifesaving Society program awards
- A copy of the Manitoba Program Guide
- Technical assistance from Lifesaving Society representatives for instructors, lifeguards, and programmers as available through the Branch
- Promotional and educational literature, including test sheets, posters, brochures and program marketing material as available through the Branch
- Aquatic Safety Management tools and resources
- Aquatic Safety Audits/Inspections
- A resource library and network of professionals that specializes in aquatics
- Promotion and advertising of courses and job postings as available through the Branch
- Various Branch communications including the newsletter, affiliate mail-outs and drowning reports
- Notification of upcoming Branch events
- Cast one vote at the Annual General Meeting of the Branch
Become an affiliate today! Contact the office.